Valencia is a city of contrasts: Sea & Mountain, tradition & innovation, party & culture… This is one of the secrets that makes the Region of Valencia a point of reference in global tourism, as well as it being the perfect place to learn Spanish.
Reasons to come to Valencia:
- The third largest metropolis in Spain. With more than 1.000.000 inhabitants, Valencia offers its visitors unlimited kinds of services and tourist attractions.
- Privileged location and exceptional climate. Seated in the centre of the Mediterranean coastline, Valencia is also equidistant to the two main cities in Spain, Madrid and Barcelona. With an average annual temperature of 22ºC (71º F), it is possible to enjoy sunny days at its beautiful beaches all year round.
- A welcoming population. Valencian people are well-known for their open character as well as for giving a warm reception to tourists. They are strongly proud of their main festivity, Las Fallas, which they love to share with visitors.
- Home of Major Events. The city has a leader position in hosting many international sports competitions, such as Valencia Tennis Open 500, the America’s Cup and F1 Grand Prix of Europe.
- Combination of historic background and modernity. Valencia is a perfect combination of ancient constructions, with medieval castles and fortifications, and the most avant-garde XXIst century buildings, mainly represented at the emblematic Sciences & Arts City of Valencia.